I know the calendar says the autumn begins on September 22, but for me summer ends on Labor Day. Always has. Summer vacation was officially over the day school started which was always the day after Labor Day. I’ve been out of school for a few years, but the feeling still remains.
It’s been a busy summer, but not really with “summer things.” So I realized last night that if I was going to do my “summer things”, I better get a move on because I only have two weeks left! So here’s my Bucket List for what’s left of summer.
- Drink a peach, strawberry and banana smoothie
- Sink my toes into damp beach sand warmed by the sun
- Sip white wine as the sun goes down over the ocean
- Feast on steamed shrimp
- Eat lots more watermelon
- Dine on my favorite summer meal of corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes
- Rock in a hammock while reading a romance novel
Seems that most of my list involves eating and drinking! And there’s nothing wrong with that!
So what’s left on your Bucket List for summer? We only have two weeks left!!!!!!
© Lynn Wyvill 2012