Let’s be bold and declare today, Take a Break to Marvel Day.
It’s easy. All you have to do is stop everything for a little while, take a deep breath, and turn your unidivided attention to the marvel of the natural beauty around you.
Oh, I hear you protesting that you are way too busy to do that. Don’t.
You certainly wouldn’t want to miss
- A carpet of deep pink petals from a plum tree
- An osprey circling and swooping over a river shimmering in the late afternoon sun
- Geese honking as they announce their coming and going in perfect “V” formation
- Mother deer and her babies feasting in the deep shade, who turn to greet you with sweet soft faces as you pass
- Blooms of orange-gold and deep blue pansies that would lighten any heart
- A robin wading in a puddle, happily hopping here and there, as ripples emanate from each splash
- The glow in the early evening sky, like millions of lit candles, as the clouds drift lazily and creation breathes a deep sigh as it settles in to rest.
© Lynn Wyvill 2012